Auto Accident Attorneys Lake Charles
Experience and Dedication You Can Count On
An injury sustained as a result of an automobile accident can significantly alter your life. Not only can such an injury affect your ability to complete the necessities of daily life as efficiently, but you may also suffer from an inability to work or pay compounding medical bills. There is a system in place to alleviate such losses. The system is very complicated, and even a slight mistake may cause your claim to be denied or undervalued entirely. Fortunately, you do not have to settle for the runaround—a Louisiana auto accident lawyer can help. At Sudduth & Associates, LLC, our personal injury law firm has a long history of helping the people of Lake Charles successfully settle auto accident claims and other legal matters. We are ready to help you next.
Auto accidents can result for a wide variety of reasons. Mostly, auto accidents are a result of negligence on behalf of the driver. Negligence comes in several forms, most commonly being failure to keep a proper lookout, texting and driving, and impaired/drunk driving. While these are the most common, there are countless other actions a driver can commit which can classify as negligence. You may be entitled to compensation for injuries you incur as a result of another person’s negligence.
At Sudduth and Associates, we understand there can be severe emotional, physical, and financial damages that arise from an auto accident. In Louisiana, you are entitled compensation to fully remedy your past, present, and futures injury, including but not limited to:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental pain, anguish, and distress
- Medical expenses
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost wage
- Loss of earning potential
What to Do after an Auto Accident
The hours, days, and months after you have been involved in an auto accident can be a difficult time as you are dealing with challenges unique to your auto accident. Regardless of the type of accident, it is important to follow the following steps if you are in an auto accident:
1. Call 911 - It is important to call 911 immediately following your auto accident so a law enforcement officer can prepare an accident report documenting the facts pertaining to your accident. The accident report will provide a detailed description of the accident, including how it happened, the parties involved, and location.
2. Gather Facts - If you are able, gather information regarding your accident. You should take pictures and videos of any property damage or injuries sustained by the accident. Also, it is important to write down your recollection of how the accident occurred, as well as the names, telephone numbers, and addresses of any witnesses who witnessed the accident.
3. Seek Medical Treatment - If you or anyone with you believe you are injured as a result of the auto accident, seek immediate medical attention regardless of the severity of the injury. This step is extremely important as it pertains to an auto accident. When seeking medical attention, a doctor will be able to comprehensively assess your injuries and document those injuries in your medical records. Without these medical records, insurance companies may state that you had no injuries from the auto accident. Lastly, you should continue medical treatment in line with your doctor’s orders.
4. Call an Auto Accident Attorney - Before discussing any information with the insurance company, you should contact a skilled and knowledgeable auto accident attorney. A auto accident attorney can help you navigate through your auto accident claim so you can receive the full compensation you are entitled. You should contact an auto accident attorney as soon as possible in order for them to protect and preserve all of your legal rights.
How We Can Help
You do not have to be discouraged by an insurance adjuster denying or undervaluing your auto accident injury claim. By hiring a lawyer, you can complete the process right and set yourself up to receive the maximum compensation you are entitled to. The car accident lawyers at Sudduth & Associates, LLC, have extensive experience resolving our clients claims for maximum compensation involving various injures, including but not limited to:
- Head Injuries
- Back Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Brain Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Soft Tissue Injuries
At Sudduth & Associates, LLC, we like to say that we represent the underdog. We stand up exclusively for injured parties and their families. Insurance companies have teams of lawyers to represent their interests, but who is left to fight for the you and your family? We are proud to be that firm. So, if are injured in an auto accident, call us today to help you. We would be proud to stand with you and fight to hold the powerful accountable and to secure the compensation to which you are entitled.
We are prepared to provide you with quality legal representation in a compassionate and caring environment, where privacy and confidentiality are paramount.
Give our PI attorneys at Sudduth & Associates a call to schedule your free consultation.
Over 100 Years of Collective Experience
Former Prosecutor Who Knows Both Sides of the Law
Long Roots in the Local Community
Cutting-Edge Technology to Bring You More Convenience
Collaborative Approach to Your Case
Highly Communicative & Responsive
“If having someone on your side that gives a 110% and delivers a quality product is important, then James Sudduth III comes with my highest personal recommendation.”- Chris
“Throughout the entire ordeal, James could not have been more professional, courteous and knowledgeable regarding my employment issue. He was prompt with his responses and could not have shown more compassion for the issue.”- Former Client
“James & his caring team of professionals are a cut above the rest. They truly care about the legal issues I face, and aren't just 'going through the motions.' It's been a tremendous help during this transitional period in my life to have Jame”- Ashley